Everyone wants to make their website attractive and user-friendly, but it does not happen overnight. You must find a better developer or the best content management system. So before knowing joomla alternatives let’s consider both situations one by one.
If you hire a developer, they will ask for a handsome sum of money to build and later manage your account. That can be costly, and availability is not guaranteed all time. But having a developer has several advantages.
On the other hand, you use a content management system to make a good website. Then there are plenty of tools and plugins that can work for you anytime. And you need to install them once on your website. It does not matter you are a beginner and do not know how to build a website.
WordPress, Joomla, Weebly, WiX, and many others like them have many advanced features which make work easier for a user.
Table of Contents
- What is Joomla?
- Why should you choose an alternative to Joomla?
- What are the main alternatives to Joomla?
What is Joomla?
Joomla is a content management system, and it is free of cost. It uses to make websites without the help of a developer (until you are looking to make an advanced level). Its programming language is PHP, and it is open source. Joomla is known as the second most famous CMS, and the first is always WordPress. And we will read about WordPress later in this blog.
Why should you choose an alternative to Joomla?
We all know that nothing is perfect. The same rule applies to Joomla. There are many features in Joomla, but there must also be some drawbacks. It can be possible that users want particular features that Joomla does not have. So, there are many possibilities, and opinions change from mind to mind.
But there are always alternates to everything, and so with Joomla.
In this blog, we will read about the famous alternative to Joomla. Which users can use without hassle. So, without wasting your valuable time, let’s start this —
What are the main alternatives to Joomla?
We have mentioned the top five content management systems platforms. Which can use as alternatives to Joomla. Read them one at a time –
WordPress is known as the best content management system across the globe. And more than 40% of the total websites are running on this platform. Possibly you are reading this blog on a WordPress-powered website. And more than 4% of the internet is on WordPress. It has had a significant impact on development because it provides tools and plugins to help users. And this is one of the best joomla alternatives.
We knew we were onto something when we saw brands like CNN, Reuters, Forbes. And many other large corporations using the WordPress platform for their blog sections to start blogging on WordPress. As a result, all of these factors contribute to the public’s willingness to use WordPress more widely. On the other hand, people think that WordPress is only for blogging, but that is not complete true. You can create a portfolio, an e-commerce store, an enterprise website, an agency, a service-based business, and many others. So, WordPress does not restrict itself to blog-based only. they have adopted the technology to offer every kind of website.
We have seen that other platforms rarely provide this ease of use. If you are a beginner and have little technical knowledge. Then its WordPress plugins that can make your work stress-free. You need to install related plugins and activate them to start making changes.
Some fascinating facts about the WordPress Content Management System:
- It is one of the best free CMS platforms to build websites.
- It is one of the best platforms for freelancers to grow their business and make extra money.
- WordPress is the best platform to earn money. If you know how to create themes and plugins on WordPress, you can create your theme or plugin and sell it. If your product is worthwhile, then people will go crazy for it.
- It is so easy to work with WordPress. You need to follow some simple steps to make your website live.
- You do not need to know coding to websites on managed WordPress hosting.
- Although it is an open-source platform, it depends on the users whether they want to use the theme or look to create their template to show their talent.
- WordPress is known as one of the best platforms to promote websites. That means you want to do SEO for your WordPress website. You are in the right place. There are so many SEO plugins available to manage.
- Users have plenty of WordPress themes and template options to choose from them. You have to find the right combination for your website.
- If you want to support or help with your website, the WordPress forum is the right place to fix your technical glitches.
- Almost every theme is mobile-friendly, and users can use them without worry.
- There are a lot of design options for the user on WordPress.
- There are so many plugins related to your work that are ready to use.
What are the disadvantages of using WordPress?
- If you use a lot of plugins on your website, then your site’s page speed may suffer, and it takes more time to load.
- If you want to add many features to your website, you’ll need to install plugins.
- There is a restriction on using SEO tools. It means you have to pay to use extra SEO features. So, that seems to be the drawback of WordPress.
- Security has been a concern over the years. However, WordPress has been increasing its security levels over the years.
- They release frequent updates for the themes and plugins. So, you have to check them frequently to tick off all the security parameters.
WordPress is an open-source content management system with excellent services. And if you are looking for the best available option for the Joomla, then WordPress is suited for that frame. It has more than 45,000 plugins to use and premade themes to use for your website.
According to statistics, 17 blogs are published on WordPress every second. As a result, you can gauge its popularity.
There are more than 1 million members. Drupal is one of the best alternatives for Joomla users. If you are looking for another fine and flexible open-source content management system. Then Drupal could be the best option for customers. Drupal provides a free hand to the users to customize it according to their needs. And you do not need to pay a single penny to use this platform. But, there are some limitations for users. They must have good knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP to make their website attractive and customer-friendly.
An experienced or well-known developer can enjoy this platform because they will find everything easily. If you are stuck somewhere, the online community of Drupal is supportive. And members will help you for sure.
Drupal is always committed to providing an evergreen experience to its customers. Because it matters a lot, and users are looking for the best way to make things easier.
We would love to mention one more thing. Whenever Drupal releases any new update. They love to listen to their customers to make that update stable. These things are fundamental formulas for making a reliable platform.
Let’s take a look at some of the Drupal Platform’s most well-known features –
- The most important feature of Drupal is that you can customize every section according to your clients or yourself. It is what every developer wants.
- They are one of the best forums across the internet. If you are facing some problems. Then go to the community and ask your question.
- They offer a mind-blowing user experience, for which users always give thumbs up.
- It has a better layout builder, and developers will love to use its page builders.
- It provides mobile-friendly web features. Themes and all things responsive.
- Its purpose is to shorten web page load times by making web pages load faster.
- Drupal is a powerful and enriching CMS platform.
- The security team is very professional. And they keep analyzing possibilities to make Drupal more secure. So, you will get better security compared to other CMS platforms.
- Drupal offers built-in forums, queries, and multi-blogs. And you can find the right initiatives with Drupal.
- Developers enjoy plenty of space to show their creativity.
Time to read about the disadvantages of Drupal —
- If you are new to Drupal, it could be a problem for the website owner that Drupal-based websites are not easy to promote and create. But as time goes by, you can use these things.
- You will not get a high-quality design for free because most developers develop their websites. That could be a drawback of using Drupal.
- This platform is not ideal for non-technical people because its functionality is complex. And an experienced or technical person can handle it easily.
- You must have a strong and high-quality Web hosting system for Drupal.
Drupal has various features and gives a free hand to the developers. It is not easy to find a better place than Drupal to show your developing knowledge. So, in our opinion, if you want to make your development more prominent, then you can use it.
Hubspot has a reliable content management system and joomla alternatives. You can call it all in one platform because it offers to make and manage organizational websites, best blogging Platform, or online stores. It has made to keep marketing aspects in mind. It has a unique feature where if any user makes some changes. Then the CRM of HubSpot notes that offer the best safety and security measures to the customers.
You can use HubSpot CRM for various purposes. And it can make your work more consistent.
What are the main features of the CMS hub? Let’s have a look at them.
- They are all platforms that are friendly to search engine optimization. It means you can utilize it for organic reach.
- The CMS hub offers an easy drag and drop option for users to make a page or website error-less. They are easy to use.
- The templates of HubSpot are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- They offer multiple layers of security. It means someone wants to steal some data from your website, and then they will oppose it.
- They offer CDN features to load web pages faster and SSL services to secure website information and data.
- There is a dedicated customer support team to offer the best suggestions and solutions to the users’ technical issues. So, you can solve your problems without wasting more time.
- HubSpot CMS supports Google AMP.
- It has data centers across the globe to provide the best services to its customers.
What are the disadvantages of using HubSpot CMS?
- If you are looking for advanced elements, you must have good developing knowledge. Otherwise, it can be hard for you.
- Although they have a fine support team, sometimes it is not easy to contact them. Or the team is not at their best to assist you.
- HubSpot CMS does not support e-commerce. If you are looking for an e-commerce store, HubSpot is not the right place for you.
- They do have limited stock in the theme and plugin section. So, you have to compromise with those themes and plugins.
- Make sure you have a fresh and recent backup for safety purposes.
- It is costly because HubSpot is available in two pricing categories: professional ($270 every month) and enterprise ($900 every month).
If you have planned to change your CMS store, HubSpot could be a better place for you. They provide lots of features that are hard to get in other CMS. Although HubSpot is not free, you can get those features for the same price. So, if you are looking for the right platform, then HubSpot could be it.
Shopify is not a new thing for developers because it is one of the best platforms for e-commerce stores. You need to choose your domain name and start editing with the Shopify drag and drop option. And users can start listing their products from day one.
There are more than 600,000 online stores on Shopify. It has been one of the most popular e-commerce platforms in recent years, which has increased its popularity. A non-technical person can handle their online store easily and you are more technically savvy. And you can make your website more appealing and functional.
If you have decided to use Shopify for your e-commerce website. You must check these vital features of the platform.
- Users can use a ready-made Shopify theme to make your store user-friendly. You can choose either free or paid, depending on you.
- If you have some doubts about the template, then check users’ reviews to see what they have experienced with it.
- If you are a developer or know how to code, you can customize themes according to your requirements.
- Shopify-powered websites are SEO-friendly. You can do basic things to get better organic results.
- You can make better landing pages with the available page builders. If you are a developer, then you can make it more attractive.
- Shopify users can use the social media features of the platform to increase their product sales.
- You can post online blogs to the platform, but make sure they are unique.
- Shopify provides a feature to add images and videos to engage more customers.
- You can show positive reviews of the product from customers.
- Security is better compared to others.
- There is no need to be concerned about technical issues because Shopify handles them at their end.
- Customer support is available at a distance from your fingertips.
- Responsive and mobile-friendly themes.
- Use topography suited to your landing page.
What are the disadvantages of Shopify?
- Shopify is not free. You can enjoy a 14-day free trial only. After that, you have to pay them. To purchase, kindly check their price list.
- It is not the best platform for SEO. There are some limitations, and you have to find another way to do it.
- They have limitations in customization. You cannot edit all the sections of the website.
- They do not offer email hosting.
- It is best for small and medium-sized businesses.
- They should work on filtering and product search features.
Weebly is not new to us, and it is one of the best and most famous website builders. And you can use this as joomla alternatives. There are many ways in which a user can make a website better and more user-friendly. Weebly started in 2006, and today more than a million users have started using it in just two years.
When a person is looking for a platform to make an attractive website without much effort. it’s just a simple indicator that he’s seeking tools (to make technology work more comfortable), features (to make it more versatile and reliable) and security. Because in the end, how much a service provider can offer depends a lot. Weebly ticks all the boxes consistently, which is admirable for a content management system.
It is one of the best for small and medium-sized businesses. And you do not need to pay a single penny for it. Although, if you want to add some premier features, you have to pay for them.
According to a report, more than 40 million sites are live on this platform. It is a better number for any CMS.
There are many features and functions behind its success. And some of them are mentioned below. Read them once —
- Weebly provides a unique feature to keep saving editing sections. In that case, the user might not be able to connect to the internet or somehow miss something. Then Weebly AutoSaves customers’ activity to provide remarkable services. It means the autosave option.
- It suggests spelling mistakes to the user. So they can make corrections to their content.
- It offers decent site speed. It means a Weebly-powered website can load faster compared to others.
- This has eye-catching themes and better flexibility to offer better services to its customers because customers decide to stay or not by seeing its UI.
- A non-technical person can manage posts and websites because Weebly is easy to use and has a drag. And drop tool to move content throughout the website.
- If you want to make your website more advanced. Then use its customized mode because it provides free hands for developers to build a website as they are looking.
- They have a mobile app so that a user can manage their online website on their mobile phone. If you are in an emergency and looking for instant change, use your mobile.
- Users can track their website data and check website insights to understand customer behaviour.
- They offer a site overview feature. If you run more than one website, you can spy on it all at once.
- Weebly offers an app store to install on your site.
- Weebly sites are considered better for SEO work. So, you can promote your website organically without much issue.
- You can upgrade Weebly easily.
- It happens. If a person wishes to move a website from one CMS to another, there are issues, but not with Weebly.
What are the disadvantages of using Weebly?
- Freeloaders have been known to become stranded on the Weebly domain. It happens to free users mostly.
- You may miss some blogging tools. It means the limitation of tools.
- If you are uploading images, make sure they are in perfect condition.
- If you’re looking for more help, you have to pay them. Weebly has many channels to contact, like live chat, phone calls, or email support.
- Users must manage the backup system because they are not good at it.
- You are unable to install any software on Weebly because of their policy.
Weebly is a handy and customer-friendly platform to use. There are many features and tools which can eliminate a lot of work. So, if you are considering switching from Joomla, Weebly could be a good option.
- WordPress Alternatives
- Shopify vs. WooCommerce
- SiteGround vs Liquid Web
- Godaddy Alternatives
- .Com vs .Net
- Difference Between Website and Blog
- Chemicloud vs Siteground
- Blog Name Generator
- Siteground Alternatives
- Blog vs vlog (Comparison)
- What is Affiliate Marketing?
- Cloud VPS vs. Shared Hosting
- Alternative Social Media Platforms
- Facebook Alternatives
- Twitter Alternatives