If you are new to the internet, plan your online existence. But you are confused about whether you should start a website or blog. First of all, think about the requirements and then make a decision. In that case, a common question comes to mind: what is the difference between a website and a blog? Do you notice? That if we need some information. Either ask a person or search for a query and find ourselves among websites and blogs.
We will learn about the various aspects of a website and blogs in this post.
First, know about websites and blogs one by one.
Table of contents
What is a Blog?
In essence, we should know that a blog is also a website, but it has frequent content posting. It creates some kind of reverse chronology. Its homepage could not be static. Because posts are showing there, most of the options are visible on the homepage. If you want to read any post, click on it, and it will open with a different URL with full content.
The history of blogging is fascinating. In the year, 1999 Blogger (the first real blogging platform for users) started its journey. And later Google acquired it. And then WordPress (in the year 2003) came onto the scene and completely changed the world. As we know, it works as an open source. So, users get lots of things to manipulate coding and make something attractive. You will be surprised. More than 30% of the total domain names of websites are running on the WordPress platform and start blogging on WordPress.
It’s forming a type of revolution for bloggers.
Why do People Use Blogs?
There can be many reasons behind creating a blog site. For example, if you are a health expert, start sharing your knowledge across the world. Simply set up a blog and share your ideas, experiences, and suggestions with the world.
There are Some Features of Blogs that You Should Read Once.
- A blog site should be updated regularly with its posts. It provides information to its readers and educates them with its content. (Although bloggers provide valid and legitimate things with their blogs).
- A blog site does not need any subpages, focused on genuine topics, not only promotional.
- A visitor to a blog can ask the author a question.
- The blog is full of content. As we have mentioned, it posts regularly. So, you can find bundles of content here.
- It provides a Simple Syndication (RSS feed) for posts.
- This can be easily built with the help of some best blogging platforms.
What is a Website?
There is no limitation for a website; it could be anything. Consider the following scenario. If you provide plumbing services and want to make your service available online. In that case, you must have to makes a good website, not a blog, because a website will be more beneficial than a blog here.
There are mainly two kinds of websites we create: static and interactive. To start your business, you need to provide valuable information about your work. And follow some basic rules (they are not mandatory, but we follow them). We created some additional pages to reassure customers that we are genuine.
Why Do People Build Websites?
People can write a book on this topic, “Why do people build websites?” Whenever we have doubts or need a service or product, a website is a place for our solutions. So, we understand the need for it. Now, the reasons behind building a website could be many, like
- A person wants to brand his or her business.
- If you want to reach as many people as possible to grow your business,
- To gain a customer’s confidence that you are dependable.
- This can be easily built with some best website builders.
These three could be the main reasons behind it.
Apart from these, other motives exist. Such as the desire to establish an online presence, earn money digitally, and so on.
Have a Look at Some of the Features of the Website.
- A website is considered a professional thing if you have started a business. You will use your website for marketing purposes or any other purpose.
- We build websites with subpages and tell you about our products or services.
- They use the Terms and Conditions policy page for using their service or product.
- A visitor cannot comment on a website.
- Most websites have static content, and the owners use a blog section to keep the site up to date.
- A client testimonial is used to build trust with the visitors.
- We can design a contact form to reach the website owner through our customers.
After reading about the difference between a blog and a website. You can now decide your purpose and whether you would like to create a website or a blog.