Have you heard the term Reverse Image Search, and what is the purpose of using it on the Internet? If you don’t know about this, then no worry. We will cover this topic.
This is used to find similar images on the internet. If you want to check whether your images are unique or not. Or any specific image sources, then reverse image search technique. And that can be used to find exact and similar images available in the search engines like google.
Table of contents
What is Reverse Image Search?
This type of search is often used to find copyright infringements, as well as find the source of an edited image. Moreover, reverse image search is a search engine that allows users to upload or enter an image and find other instances of the same photo on the internet. And Image Search engines show results that are like the uploaded photo.
How to Reverse Image Search on Android-Phone?
This is very easy to search images on your android phone because the ability to do a reverse image search is built into the Google Chrome browser. There are some steps to follow and easy to search the images.
- Step 1: Open the google chrome browser then go to the three dots on the right side and click on it. Then the popup menu is open.
- Step 2: The first option is to select the New Tab. The Google page is open.
- Step 3: Write the image.google.com in the URL bar.
- Step 4: Open the Google images page and see the link.
- Step 5: Then click on three dots on the right upper side of the page and select the option desktop side. Then your web page is refreshed.
- Step 6: When the web page is refreshed you can see in the google image page search bar has a camera icon on the right side.
- Step 7: Click on the camera icon. When you click on it they have opened a popup menu that looks like this
- Step 8: The popup menu has two options one is Paste image URL and the other one is to upload an image.
- Step 9: If you click on the Paste image URL. You pasted the link in this bar and they show the results of the picture that you want.
- Step 10: If you click on Upload an image. They show further two options one is choosing the file and the second one is No file chosen.
- Step 11: If you click on Choose the file. So you can choose an image from your internal storage or gallery.
- Step 12: Upload an image take some time and you can see the final result of an image.
Websites for Reverse Image Search
Are there any Drawbacks to using a Reverse Image Search?
There are many drawbacks to using the reverse image search free but here are some
- Google works by assuming that words live associated with the image.
- Google has no standard meta_data with an image.
- Google Reverse image searches the existing images in an image’s file name or URL pointing to an image.
- A few search results generate images that are no longer available to the users for any reason, including, search engine optimization and indexing maybe a little.
- There are other images in the databases that Google is unable to index.
- Google image search uses the text (your search terms) when you are searching for pictures.
We hope the above processes and tips will help you a lot. And that is the exact method used by experts and freelancers to find similar images. By using this tool, you can check that images are infringed or copied from anywhere else.
1 thought on “Reverse Image Search Complete Guide”
Thanks for the thorough information, which is right on target to the current needs of the marketing.
Comments are closed.