Blogger, or Blogspot, is a Google product that was founded in 1993 by Evan Williams and Meg Hourihan. But later purchased by Google in 2003. Google allows users to create blogs that end with blogspot.com here. One user is allowed to create 100 websites or blogs. There are many themes and website designs offered by Blogger to users. With this blog, we will learn about the top blogger alternatives.
Table of contents
Why Do You Need the Blogger Alternatives?
- Blogger, unlike a website, does not permit full ownership. It means they can suspend your blog if they find anything wrong.
- There are limitations to blog modification.
- There are not so many themes or website template options for users.
- There is no freedom in using gadgets. And now all gadgets are available to integrate with your subdomain or website.
- You cannot move your blog to another platform. It means that you can only import on the Blogger platform.
- It is not search engine optimization friendly. And many online blog portals are performing better than Blogger.
WiX is one of the best alternatives to Blogger. It is an Israeli-based firm that has been in the market since 2006. It is an all-in-one platform if you are looking to make a quick and attractive website and blog without coding knowledge. WiX keeps itself a lot and adds many eye-catching and top-notch features to its arsenal. These help it to withdraw many users. There are more than 800 website samples to make your site professional.
Have a look at the pros and cons of using WiX.
Advantages of Using WiX
- There are more than 200 apps to integrate.
- It is one of the best blogging platform with built-in SEO.
- Users can use its drag-and-drop feature to modify or make the interface attractive.
- You can choose themes based on your preferences and nature.
- There are lots of categories based on Quick and responsive themes.
The disadvantages of using WiX
- Analytics is not available if you are using the basic version of WiX.
- They have limited the size and storage of every plan, and you cannot use unlimited.
- If you used one theme to make your website live, you are unable to change it.
- WiX allows limited coding to users. And you must do the coding yourself if you want to add something.
Weebly is one of the finest alternatives to Blogger. If you want to switch from Blogger, this could be the finest place for you. It may be difficult for a non-technical person to use, but with some knowledge, you can command Weebly. Founded in 2006, Weebly is a US-based company and more than 40 million users globally.
Kindly have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of using Weebly.
Benefits of Using Weebly:
- Weebly is well-known as one of the best platforms for quickly creating websites.
- Their technical team keeps updating and fixing every bug and error in the theme.
- Its website templates are customer-friendly and quick to respond. Weebly-powered websites take less time to load.
- Its editor feature is so easy and effective to use. Users can use the drag-and-drop feature to manage their web pages.
Cons of using Weebly:
- Its customer service does not provide the best customer service every time. It might be problematic for you.
- If you intend to build a large website. you may solve many problems and functionality issues.
- Weebly does not offer a lot of tools and resources. As a result, you have a lot of work to do.
- Users can face little issues during first-time setup because of Weebly’s interface.
Strikingly is a website builder, but it has a lot of other features as well. It was founded in 2012 and is strikingly global in scope. The design strikingly is modern and up-to-date. It has millions of users and is one of the most widely used forms of blogging. In 2014, strikingly started one-click website builders on LinkedIn and Facebook.
There are some disadvantages and advantages to using strikingly.
- It is easy to use, and its drag-and-drop option helps create a user-friendly website.
- If you are looking for a single-page payout website, strikingly is the best platform for you.
- They offer the best customer service team to fix your issues.
- Strikingly, they provide many themes and designs to make web pages attractive.
- They have built-in SEO features. But they are not as useful as others.
- They offer a limited number of free services, so if you want more, you must pay.
- It is not low-cost; one website setup is expensive.
Tumblr is one of the most famous social media platforms across the US, Europe, and Canada. You can post your short content, make your blog subdomain, and post on it. Founded by David Karp in 2007, the owner of WordPress, Automattic, is now one of the owners of Tumblr. There are more than 500 million blogs created according to July 2021.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of using Tumblr.
- Users can integrate Tumblr with other social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- It is one of the simple platforms to customize.
- There are so many free and premium themes and templates, and users can use them accordingly.
- It is simple to use, and users can access it from desktop and mobile devices.
- There are not any plugins to integrate and make your work easier.
- It is not a particular blogging website, but users can use it as an alternative social media platform.
- There is no security or safety, and users have a negative experience.
- If you create a blog website with Tumblr, you do not own it.
Another US-based online blogging website. Squarespace is one of the earliest blogging websites still operational. Squarespace is a software that can make their website and host it. According to recently published data. Squarespace has nearly 2% of the top ten million running websites in the world. So many features offered by Squarespace that make it useful for small business owners.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of using Squarespace.
- Squarespace provides a drag-and-drop feature that makes things easier for non-technical people.
- There are lots of features that make it easy.
- It has so many attractive and award-winning themes with editable permission.
- It is the finest option for e-commerce, and users can set up an online store.
- There are so many Squarespace versions that users cannot tell which one they are using. And once they start using one, they cannot switch to another.
- If you want to navigate during website editing, it is kind of not easy.
- If you want to edit any section, Squarespace does not make it possible.
- Once the completion of an online e-commerce store. The multi-currency option is not available.
Founded in Russia but is now based in San Francisco. US-based social networking service website allows users to create their subdomains. And share their knowledge across the globe. Six Apart, an American company took over ownership in 2005. There are more than 17 million monthly users of Live Journal.
Have a look at the famous benefits and drawbacks of using Live Journal:
- Live Journal has one of the simple formats for posting content and graphics.
- There are a variety of blog templates and website designs to make your post attractive.
- SEO professionals can use tagging to experiment with increasing the visibility of their content in search engines. Such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- There is no coding skill required to use Live Journal.
- Live Journal does not have an excellent customer service team. As a result, users have more trouble.
- Posting on Live Journal is simple, but formatting a post might be challenging. Especially if the user does not know HTML.
- There are not enough online communities where you can join to find a solution to your problem.
- The interface of the Live Journal is so simple.
WordPress is one of the most famous platforms among bloggers. It is an open-source content management system. And users can use it without paying a single penny. Founded in 2003, it has only grown over the years. Because they keep the platform updated with the help of developers and designers. And this is one of the best blogger alternatives.
There are so many advantages and disadvantages to using WordPress. Have a look.
- WordPress can be used by a non-technical person. You can use the drag-and-drop feature to move portions of the website.
- There are so many plugins and themes that you can use to reduce your work and improve efficiency.
- It is the finest platform that can be used to set up an online e-commerce store.
- The user can integrate WordPress with lots of third-party apps and services.
- Easiest to start blogging on WordPress.
- Security is a concern while using WordPress and might be an issue customers can face.
- The customer service team is not as quick as it should be. But online communities are active where you can find your solution.
- It is a hosted website, and users can use its subdomain, but WordPress.com has ownership.
Medium has reached a point in time that every blogging platform expects. It started in August 2012 and is conducted by Medium Corporation. Evan Williams, the co-founder of Twitter and blogger, is the founder of Medium. And he knows what to do and how to target an audience. It is a perfect website for social journalism and content writing. And you can find professional and amateur groups of writers who share knowledge.
There are so many advantages and disadvantages to using Medium. Have a look.
Pros of using Medium
- There are millions of readers of Medium, and more than 100 million users visit to read it monthly.
- The interface of Medium is spontaneous and clean. Anyone can publish and modify their post.
- It accepts images and videos in its content posting process.
- Medium takes care of the technical part of SEO for your blog.
- You can write SEO-friendly content for content marketing.
Cons of using Medium
- Many people think medium traffic is their traffic, but that is not true. Your blog doesn’t need to get the same audience.
- The bounce rate for the medium is quite high; people do not stay for two minutes.
- Remember, you are essentially developing SEO authority and backlinks for Medium, not for your site.
- Medium.com has the Ownership of all blogs. And if they find anything violating their policy. They will instantly remove your content.
Frequently Asked Questions about Alternatives to Blogger or Blogspot.
WordPress.com, Medium, Live Journal, and Quora are some of the finest options to choose from as an alternative to Blogger.
Blogger is owned by Google, one of the giant search engines. As a result, you should not be concerned about security and consistency.
There are limitations on themes, features, and the integration of third-party apps. So, that might be the main disadvantage of using BlogSpot.